Choose by theme
This temple is the headquarters of the Shokokuji sub-sect of the Rinzai sect of Buddhism. It was built in 1382 by Ashikaga Yoshimitsu. Visitors clap their hands under the painting on the ceiling to hear the resonant sound.
- Address :
- 701 Shokokuji-Monzen-cho, Imadegawa-dori Karasuma-higahsiiru, Kamigyo-ku Kyoto City
- Telephone :
- Open :
- From March 24th to June 4th, and from September 15th to December 8th
- Access :
- City Bus to "Karasuma Imadegawa".Subway Karasuma Line "Imadegawa".
- Fee :
- General: 800 yen
- Junior High School Student, over 65 years old: 700 yen
- Kindergarten Stidents: 400yen